Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Plan for this week

This is my attempt to put something positive together. I also hope that if I make my plans public I'll be more likely to follow through on accomplishing things since I'll have the blogosphere to hold me accountable. Also, I realize that the week started yesterday, but to me it's starting now bc I got a 3 day weekend to go visit my so so so adorable little baby nephew. Talk about an amazing chance to regroup. Granted there was still a lot of stress in the trip, but holding the little boy who I credit w/keeping me alive because I couldn't steal his auntie away from him was just so so so meaningful. I'll write more on that another time. For now....here's the plan for the rest of this week:

*Attend all classes: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
*Attend meeting w/new therapist for tx program on Wednesday.
-be on time
-be as open as possible
-be honest about just how much I'm struggling and how much help I really need right now
-ask for suggestions about housing
*Attend meeting w/school therapist on Thursday
-be on time
-continue being honest w/her
-ask if there is any loophole in the session limits because I really don't want to lose her
*Spend at least 3 hours this week genuinely working on homework
-remove distractions
-make an honest effort to focus and not let bad thoughts pull me away
-enjoy the accomplishment and success, no matter how small


Those are the for-sures that I absolutely must do. Below are the goals that I would also like to accomplish but won't be angry at myself if I don't:

*Be on time to as many classes as possible (started to say every class but want to keep trying even if I'm late to one..which tends to happen since campus gives me panic attacks)
*Attend art therapy group on Wed. afternoon before individual therapy
*Take nephew's present back to Toys R Us to exchange
*Laundry
*Do something nice for friend I'm staying with
*Go for a walk (preferably one every day)
*Eat at least something for every meal (preferably something healthy...though I just had ice cream cake for breakfast...lol)
*Find a field experience location for class (not due till next week but would help calm me down a bit if I could do it earlier)
*Finish all current homework for at least one class
*Spend some time at one of my past volunteer jobs

I'm sure there's lots of other stuff I should be doing but that will at least give me a list to pull from when I'm feeling lost.

It's officially been written. I better get to it so i'm not late to class today!

1 comment:

  1. Good goals! And you have the great attitude of trying but not getting upset if something doesn't go as planned. Maybe I should make a to-do list myself. There are lots of things I should do but just don't do.

    ReplyDelete