Friday, September 16, 2011

Irony is fun!

(And so is sarcasm!! lol)

It's gotten downright laughable how many ridiculous ironies there are in my life right now. So many things that should be good are causing more frustration. I guess crazy situations result in crazy events and reactions. And whatever you think about my situation...ya gotta admit it's crazy!

I mentioned yesterday (I think it was yesterday, they all run together) about my school t bringing up the issue of me maybe having too many t's. So all summer long I fight and fight for someone to help me and NO ONE can/will. Well, no one except for evil bitch woman. So I spent most of the summer thinking there was no one out there that could really help me. And now I have TWO ppl that I really like fightin' over me! Ok they're not really fighting, but kind of. That one actually isn't such a bad thing, it just cracks me up that it's an issue in a sense.

I also mentioned yesterday the whole catch 22 of having to quit drinking to get into the IOP (Intensive outpatient program), but not being able to quit drinking w/out intensive support like the IOP.

I've been thinking a lot about dropping my Friday class in order to get in to the full IOP. That would give me support MWF for 3+ hours each day, which would be a really good thing for me.

Dropping the class would put me below 9 credit hours. 9 hours is the line where I'm required to have school health insurance, which my hospital assistance thing doesn't count for. I was thinking this would be perfect because I'd be below 9 and could get off the insurance. Turns out because the official drop deadline has passed (now you can't get a refund and the class stays listed on your transcript but as "no credit"), and I had 9 hours at the deadline, I'm now "stuck" with the insurance. Now most of the time this would be great news. We all know how hard it is to find health insurance! Especially when you're my age and don't have any sort of established career. But right now I really need to be off the insurance because this insurance doesn't pay for mental health stuff to anywhere close to the same level as the hospital assistance does. (One of these days I'm going to write a post just about that...it's pretty ridiculous).

To add to the irony, today I had a test in the friday class under consideration. This professor has quite the reputation for writing very, very difficult tests. I figured that even though I studied for at least a couple of hours last night (made my homework time goal...yay!) and some this morning that I just don't have the focus and understanding right now to do well. I figured that my low grade on the test would give me that much more reason to drop it and just focus on the other two classes and the IOP.

Well guess what...I aced it. Good news, right? I am proud of myself (and also think her tests are nowhere near as hard as ppl claim...they ask questions that require you to use what you've learned but no crazy trick questions or overly complicated stuff). But now I'm stumped because most of the grade for this class comes from tests. Now that I've done very well on one of the tests it seems harder to part with. It seems like maybe I should stick this class out. I might be good at it and now I feel like I'd hate to start over. Then again...this class can be found anywhere, and maybe the IOP is just what I need. Who knows...but gotta love the irony. Every time something goes well it makes life way more confusing!

1 comment:

  1. Irony and sarcasm, two wonderful things in life when they aren't working against you. Insurance sucks, but we have had that conversation. The IOP, well maybe wait and see how it goes with just the therapy since you have another month for withdrawing from class.

    ReplyDelete