Sunday, September 25, 2011

48 hours

Well, I'd planned on coming here and writing a nice long post about how miserable detox and withdrawals are, but I have so few moments where I don't feel dizzy or like my head is in a vice that it hardly seems worth it to write too much.

So I'm just here to say...I've officially been 48 hours w/out a drink. It's been hell, and the fact that it's been hell shows me I had a bigger problem than I realized...which sucks. I really thought I wasn't doing "all that bad" with drinking but my body has something else to say. I seem to cycle between nausea, horrible headaches, dizziness, shaking, etc.

I posted on friday that I was quitting but I didn't make it through the night. So now I'm trying again and doing better. I'm staying w/my aunt out in the mountains so I'm far removed from temptation and with someone willing to help take care of me. We may be looking in to an AA meeting for me to go to here (might be easier to actually get myself to go when it's ppl I know I will likely never see again....easier to get over that initial huge fear), or I might just wait till I get back "home." Anyway need to get back to horizontal and zoning out. Just wanted to let ya'll know what's up so you can be proud of me. :-P

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how hard this is for you. Glad to hear that you are with someone while you are going through this. It's another big step for you. You are working so hard at this and it will all be worth it.

    You should be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete