Saturday, September 17, 2011

Amazing night

I just have to tell you all about the amazing night I had last night.

My friend and I and her bf went out for dinner last night. Surprisingly, I was not just hungry but bottomless pit kind of hungry. Remember, it's been a struggle for me to even eat regularly lately. I had even eaten earlier in the day...I'd had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and two slices of pizza for lunch.

Anyway...at dinner I ate my whole big burger, the small side of mac and cheese it came with, and most of a slice of pie for dessert. I left feeling full, but not "stuffed" at all.

After that I was so tired that I almost fell asleep in the car. We got back a little after 9:00. I said I was going to take a shower so I could start getting ready for bed (part of the problem when your bed is the couch and other ppl want to stay up cus it's friday night). Anyway my friend wanted to do some stuff in the bathroom, so while she was doing that I got my pajamas then just laid down on the couch to wait. The next thing I knew I was being surprised by my friend pulling a blanket up over me and tucking a pillow under my head. It made me jump since having ppl close to me when I sleep can be scary, but I was able to go back to sleep very quickly. I ended up sleeping from about 9:30-7:30, with no sleeping pills, and with the only real wake up I can remember being at 6:00 because i'd forgotten to turn my school alarms off. I had to wake up enough to dig the phone out of my pocket and turn off the alarms, but still went back to sleep.

So yeah...close to 10 hours of sleep, fully clothed, no routine or anything, no meds (don't remember the last time I fell asleep without meds of some sort) and not even a drink! (I'd had one drink when I got home from school so I wasn't totally sober, but that was at like 5:30. The full meal and so much sleep...these are both HUGE for me. It seems like my physical body is finally starting to be somewhat willing to participate in getting me through this. Plus, it's obviously a lot easier to focus on the crazy stuff when I'm at least not having to work on convincing myself just to eat and sleep. I feel amazingly better today. Everything seems way clearer and way less confusing...like there might actually be answers out there after all.

1 comment:

  1. Riverbird,

    Glad to sees things are a bit better for you. I have been reading your blog since the night in the fp chatroom.

    You just have to keep going. One day at a time!
    You are on the right path now! You have people at school/therapy who support you and that you feel comfortable with. You have friends (online too) who are behind you all the way. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete