Sunday, November 6, 2011

Confirming my dorky-ness

In the comments to my last post I was called dorky. As you might imagine, that's not the first time i've heard that! But just in case there was any confusion, I thought I'd confirm the title.

First off, for those who have actually watched the George of the Jungle cartoons, I want to make it clear that I was referring to the old cartoons (that were shown along with Super Chicken--Best cartoon ever. Seriously. To youtube with you if you haven't seen it!--and Tom Slick) not the weird new one that was made later. I didn't mention this at first because really how many people out there have actually watched much George of the Jungle (tragically few...) but as long as it's already out there what a dork I am... :)

And then...another small taste of my dorky sense of humor. I spend more time than I care to admit playing Frontierville (you know...that stupid game clogging facebook news feeds everywhere...but such a great distraction when stressed...not that I'm ever stressed or anything...). Anyway. On this game you can plant and harvest all sorts of crops. When a crop is ready to be harvested it will tell you it's ripe when you hover the mouse over it. So lately I've been planting a lot of garlic. When I hover over it it tells me "Garlic: Ripe!" And that's been absolutely cracking me up. Yeah, it doesn't take much sometimes! But that's really why I'm so grateful for this ability to laugh. The comic relief is essential sometimes!

And as long as we're on the subject...beyond my ability to laugh and my dork-pride...i'm also grateful for the fact that I finally managed to get some stuff done this weekend and didn't have any major panic besides the friday afternoon/evening stuff I wrote about. I went to the store before I got home and bought a bunch of different calming and distraction stuff, and it seems to have worked! I'll write more about that soon when I'm more awake (the sleep thing still needs some work...but hey, small victories!).

1 comment:

  1. LOL! You are amazing and totally cracking me up right now! I LOVE your dorky-ness, it is refreshing and fun! I know that it is my own dorky-ness that gets me through the day sometimes! Congratulations on a fairly calm weekend!

    Definitely show your dork-pride!! LOL!!! I will be standing right next to you on that one!

    ReplyDelete