Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Triggers

So apparently I'm now triggered by basically everything. No exaggeration. I went to get gas today. Looked at the gas tank opening. The gas pump. Yeah. My mind went to bad places. No I'm not kidding. I wish I was. But really, I couldn't make this stuff up!

I used to pride myself in not being easily triggered. I could watch most movies, hear stories from other people, etc. and keep it seperate from my own stuff and have it not bother me. Not so much anymore. Now everything gets me. Sitting for too long, sitting in different positions, laying down, sounds, random images, etc. etc. I've had to walk out of the room in the midst of conversations bc something is going on in my head.

My emotions have gone haywire too. I was out w/my mom and we drove past a controlled burn brush fire. I started crying. My mom asked me what was wrong. I said, "There's a fire." She reminded me of the obvious that it was someone's controlled burn...not a house on fire or anything like that.

My reply? Still in tears..."Yeah but everything is burning up and then it won't be there anymore."

Because clearly, weeds and brush not being there anymore is a cry-worthy tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment