Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

So is it just me, or does it TOTALLY defeat the purpose of distance learning if every question I ask I am told that I will need to "come in to deal with that." One of the courses I am taking right now is through a school on the other side of the state from me. I was told that I could register for this class from any of a group of schools, so I chose the one that was most affordable and the school that offered most of the classes I need just to avoid the issue of credit transfer. (None of them are offered over the summer at the school I'm actually going to, but my school is networked to a bunch of others around the state.

It all sounded like a great plan, but it's been nothing but trouble. First, they insisted on having my immunization records even though I won't actually be on their campus. Fine. Now I'm registered but having major issues with logging in to actually get to the information for the class (which by the way was supposed to be mailed to me, not emailed, but I guess they missed that minor detail). Now everyone that I talk to to get to this online thing tells me that I just need to come in to the ________ office. I have told multiple people multiple times that I don't live anywhere near there. They don't seem to get it. I'm irritated. This was supposed to be a summer project, and the summer is more than a third of the way over (wow time flies!). Part of that is my fault in being a bit slow to get all my info in. But I start face to face school in late August, leaving me very little time to get these pre-reqs done. The whole idea was that I wanted school to be non-stressful over the summer, but it continues to stress me out and it's going to end up rushed.

The (sort of) good news is that I'll have next week off from work. I had planned to work but because of the holiday there are way fewer kids at camp than planned and they asked for volunteers to take the time off. Though I could use the money, I have enough other stuff going on that I think i'd feel bad taking the work away from others and then being stressed all week about my other life stuff going on.

It's only sort of good news because I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that much downtime. It's down time that seems to always get me in trouble.

I just left a very angry message on the voicemail of the admin office of the school i'm working through because it was 4:58, the message said they closed at 5 and to call back during normal business hours. Petty, yes? Not a way to make a good impression. I think I'm glad i'm not there face to face! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment