Monday, July 11, 2011

TG for AGT!

Thank god for America's Got Talent!!!!

I don't particularly like AGT. I love to see the talented acts. The "drama," the attempting to be funny filler, and the ridiculously bad acts I could do without seeing, but anyway...

Without this show I don't think I would've slept AT ALL this last week! I've discovered that there is no better show to fall asleep to. There's enough interesting stuff that it's worth watching. The bad stuff is dull enough that it convinces me to close my eyes. There's enough music involved that it can eventually be pretty calming (except in the case of some of the really awful singers). It's mindless enough that if I zone out for a bit I'm not missing anything important or losing track of a storyline. It's on twice/week and all the full episodes are online for free.

The downside...I'm almost caught up to the present! Ack! Let's just say I've been watching it A LOT lately! I only discovered it online recently, so I had a lot of episodes. Now only a few left. I really need to figure out how to get myself to sleep for longer than a couple of hours at a time before I run out. Oh, and because my sanity, ability to function, etc. would really appreciate it as well!

I've received a couple of additional "ask River" questions by email...I plan to get to them soon but am struggling to find the brain power to respond right now. As always I'm open to questions, it's just going to take me a bit longer to be able to answer them right now.

3 comments:

  1. Hey.. The only reason I did not publish your comment is because you had a link back to your blog... Sometimes because I moderate comments people use the comment section like Private email and don't want their comment published.. And since I was not sure, I figured better safe than sorry. It sounds like you are okay with it being published, so I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PiersInvadesMySleepJuly 12, 2011 at 11:29 PM

    I had to laugh at this post. I do the EXACT same thing and I am not dealing with the stuff you have to deal with.

    I actually like watching AGT when I'm awake, but its great to fall asleep to also.

    (I do have chronic insomnia, and I take one benadryl at night to sleep. My doc said its fine. Might help you too?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PiersInvadesMySleep - haha I love it! When I saw your name pop up in the comments I got really excited hoping there was a whole blog attached to that name. :) Anyway, I take tylenol pm which eventually gets me to sleep. I wonder how many ppl fall asleep to AGT. Maybe that should be their new tagline? I like the later shows while awake, once they've narrowed it down to mostly good acts, but the auditions drive me crazy. Just too many ridiculous acts that they spend way too much time on!

    ReplyDelete