Saturday, October 8, 2011

And then there was one...

First off...an exciting announcement....this is my 100th blog post. Yaaaaaaay for loving to write/talk, regardless of whether or not anyone is reading! lol

Just a quick update...tonight is a tough one for me cus the friend who has been stayin w/me for the last 10 days went home. Now, for the first time since the hospital at the end of August, I'm on my own. I've been dying for some alone time and space, but now that I've got it it's scary. It suddenly feels like the drinking temptations are everywhere, and I'm very scared of being able to make it through even a night on my own. I just keep thinking how easy it would be to do something stupid.

Also, I've officially found myself an apartment. I can move in starting tomorrow. That is very exciting but also a bit scary because that's more of me being on my own. I used to be a very independent person, but since all the hospital stuff and the drinking it's scary for me to be solo. I have a much better support system now but it's very hard to convince myself that I can do it.

As always, if you're reading I'd love to hear from you w/an email or comment....especially now as I could really use the support with staying sober and staying strong even w/out someone immediately with me all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Riverbird - just want you to know that I check in on your writing often. I don't comment much, but am happy to see your progress. Keep up the hard work!!

    Ann
    fosterparens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi River.

    Congrats on the apartment! It is not easy, but I know you can do it. You might have days that seem like set backs, but they don't have to be. You know how to reach me.

    ReplyDelete