Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sad...update #3

This one's gonna be quick because I'm super tired.  I got to our meeting spot and he wasn't there!  I called him and he didn't answer.  I called again and still no answer.  I sent him a text and then sat down to figure out what to do next.  I was pissed!  I had just talked to him an hour before and he was standing me up?!

Well, just a few minutes later he called and said he was on his way.  A little frustrating but he said he got in an argument with his mom on his way out and that made it take him a lot longer to leave.  Whatever.  At least he showed.

He looked amazing.  He was a big guy when I first met him but he started working out and went on a diet.  He's lost a ton of weight and the difference is amazing!  He seemed happy, and had lots of good stuff to say.  There was only a quick bit of awkwardness, but mostly it was just like old times.  He even remembered some of our jokes better than I did.  It meant SO much to me that he still remembered them, because that means they meant something to him too.  I was afraid it'd just been some silly nothingness to him.

It turns out his 1st AA birthday is next Sunday, so we're almost exactly 3 months apart.  He actually agreed to maybe let me take him out for dinner. :)  I assumed he'd have family stuff to do, but he said since I've been there with him from the beginning he'd really like to spend it with me.  Awwwww.  Not holding my breath, but still nice that he would consider it.

We mostly talked about silly stuff, but he helped me with some serious stuff too.  He's definitely not interested in a romantic relationship (he told me about 2 different girls that are hot and that he's in to) which is totally fine by me.  I'm just glad to have him back as a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment