Sunday, September 23, 2012

No idea

Not going to write anything long now because I'm tired and should be sleeping.  The shit with the sponsor is still going on and I don't know what to do about it.  Tomorrow is 9 months sober for me and I think i'm grieving because I want to be celebrating with her.  I wrote her a letter to give my side to everything.  I thought it was a good idea, but then I asked another friend and she basically shot it down entirely.  That left me really confused.  She said that I need to be looking towards love and forgiveness, not blame.  I said I already apologized but she won't budge, so I want her to see my side.  (Essentially, there was more to it than that).  She said if I've decided to move on (which I haven't really decided, but have resigned myself to that) then all I should write in the letter, if I even write anything, is just thanks for your help I appreciate it.

I don't get this stuff at all.  Aren't I supposed to be standing up for myself?  I'm realizing that I was asking her what I thought she should do assuming that she would agree with me.  I didn't expect that she'd go 100% the other way.  I'm so confused because one of the lessons I've been learning is that I need to be direct and not just harbor resentments about stuff.  (I'm supposed to be looking at my part in resentments, which i'm struggling on because I really don't feel like I did much wrong here, but I'm trying to see it.  Also I was the one that apologized. :-P )

I don't mean to be passive aggressive or anything, but she's blown off meeting with me the last 2 weeks.  We usually meet every sunday but these last 2 weeks she just totally blew me off.  2 weeks ago it was cus she was going to the mountains...makes sense I just was a little bothered by how she told me.  It wasn't "I'm going to have to cancel," but just "I'm going to the mountains."  Then this week it's "well I didn't think we were meeting so my friend is coming over."  She did eventually offer Saturday night but i was working.  I tried to say what I wanted over the phone, but that didn't go well which is why i want to meet.

As I write this, something about PTSD came on the news on TV.  A big part of this is her not understanding PTSD and saying i'm using flashbacks as an excuse to not do what I need to do.  I feel like I need to stand up for myself and the progress I have made.  Not an excuse, but just to say that I have made progress, and I'm damn proud of it.  That's most of what the letter says.  I managed to do it I think w/out any swearing, but ya know what?  I'm fucking proud of myself!  There, I said it.  I'm fucking proud of myself and she can't tell me otherwise.

------------------

Still grateful for others that have been willing to be my sounding board in this, though I think everyone is getting sick of hearing it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment