Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sad...update #2

So I kind of accidentally blew him off today.  I didn't really mean to, I was just tired and got distracted. But he ended up calling me about an hour or so after I said I'd call him/come see him/whatever.  As sad as it may sound, the fact that he actually called is huge for him.  He's like me...not a phone guy.  He apologized again for making me feel like he didn't care, and he gave me a run-down of some of the shit he's been dealing with.  Basically....he got caught way off guard by how difficult his school program is.  Last year when we were on the same campus he was just doing pre-req's.  Now he's in the "real" program, and it's the type where they set your schedule and it's a ton of work.  He didn't realize how intense it was going to be so now he's behind and having a ton of homework to do every night.  His parents are supporting him so he can focus on school and not work, but in exchange they're putting a ton of pressure on him to get all A's.  Pretty intense for someone who has never really been the student type.  I know he struggled just with passing the pre-req's last year, though he was working then.  He has some other stuff happening too, which is too much to go in to now.  But now that I've heard the story, it makes a lot more sense why his texts were so weird.  I still think he's a bit of an ass, but I can totally see where he would've been too overwhelmed or just forgotten.  

So...i'm giving in.  I'm driving across town to meet him for coffee.  Here's hoping! :)  (Smiling like a smitten 12-year-old again....lol  Trying not to get too over-excited).

1 comment: