Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A good day!

Nothing deep or philosophical here...no new revelations...just exactly what it says. A good day. I think I'll revel in it for a bit.

I had a big presentation for one of my classes today. It was worth a huge part of my final grade, and since i've struggled with getting work in for this class it was really really important that I do well. I spent a lot of the weekend working on my powerpoint for it...but giving it was still stressful. At least with papers you can edit it and make sure you have everything just the way you want it. With a presentation there's a lot left up to chance.

I had to go 2nd to last for the day in my class, so lots more time to stress. Overall it went really well though, and people seemed interested. First success.

After class, thankfully I didn't have to go see stupid t today (woohoo!!) so I had some free time. The t stuff is all completely up in the air but the goal now is to switch me to the woman t and begin to focus more on the therapeutic stuff rather than just the substance issues that current t is entirely stuck on. Hopefully i'll find out more soon...but for now I had a free afternoon. I was feeling rather positive and empowered so I went to the library, sat at my favorite little table (one of the cubby ones with sides so fewer distractions) and spread out all my homework. I was actually able to get almost entirely caught up with my other class that i've been sooooo behind on since the hospital in august! There's a few little things i need to finish but I have to wait for an email back from the prof. Overall though, I'm DONE with everything for that class. And one of the papers I wrote for it just came out really really awesome and I am super excited about it. And I really do mean super excited...like I want to run in and show the prof "Look! Look what I came up with!" It's pretty rare I feel that good about a homework assignment.

After this I still had some time so I finally went to this advising session that I've been putting off for forever. Basically, while I love my classes, I'm worrying my major is too narrow to actually get the jobs I want. I know i've needed to talk to some other ppl to figure out a degree plan but it's been very hard to look that far in the future. But today I finally felt up to it and the woman I met with was awesome. Too much to go in to now but she helped me create a plan that I feel very very strongly about. It means I've got a ways to go still but I really feel like now I'm heading in the right direction for sure. She seemed to really get me and what I was looking for, and understand why the regular options weren't working for me.

After that I stopped by the rec center that i'd read about that's close to my house. I'm super excited because it's only about a mile from me and really affordable! I badly need to start working out but it's been way too cold to get my walks in. Now I'll have a treadmill, bikes, etc. to use as well as a pool, which I badly need because my joints haven't liked the impact with my added weight.

I came home and after a bit of rest and tv watching I cleaned up the kitchen some...because the counter mess was about to get taller than me like the shel siverstein poem...and made myself a decent dinner. It wasn't quite the full dinner I'd planned, but it wasn't microwaved and it had protein and veggies and all that good stuff. I totally forgot about the meeting I was going to go too, but I think for tonight that's ok. I cleaned up after that too and have the dishwasher running now. I'm super tired and am really hoping the capstone to my good night can be falling asleep at a decent hour.

I think it's pretty clear what i'm grateful for tonight. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up - you are headed in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete