Thursday, June 14, 2012

3

I'm exhausted.  I'm having a really rough week for a bunch of different reasons I don't have the energy to list right now.  There are a lot of things I could've/should've been doing this evening, but I decided that more than anything I needed to give my body a chance to recuperate.  I made the conscious decision to shut myself in to rest.  It's important to me that I make it clear it's a decision and not me isolating and going back to old ways or any of that.

But in this evening of rest, 3 different people have called me (ok one was an IM).  3!  I didn't have to seek them out they came to me.  And that doesn't even include my nightly conversation w/my sponsor.  (Counting her it would be 4.  Ooooh)  How amazing is that?!  My life is so different now.  There are people out in the world that care about me and reach out to me.  Tonight, in the midst of the crap that I am buried under, that makes my heart feel good.  I have friends.  And people care.

One friend tonight told me that she'd been impressed by my ability to get a life.  That may be one of my all time favorite compliments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment