Thursday, April 19, 2012

I didn't deserve it

I didn't deserve what happened to me.  It's as simple as that.  They were the psychotic evil monsters.  It wasn't about me.

I remember one night when I was 9.  I was crawling/dragging myself up to my room after a particularly bad night with them.  I had so little left in me, I could barely lift an arm or a leg.  I surely couldn't stand.  I could barely see straight.  Everything hurt so bad I was sure I was dying.  I made it into my room and fell fully on to the floor.  I'd used every last ounce of my strength to get there.  I lay on the floor in a heap and I begged god to take me.  I begged and pleaded for death.

No child should know pain like that.  No one should really, but especially a child.  At 9 most kids are only beginning to understand death.  I'm not sure how much I understood it, but it was the only possible good I could picture.

That's not how any child should live.

I didn't deserve that.

2 comments:

  1. you are right - you didnt deserve any bit of it!

    also - congrats - you are at 120 days sober today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you didn't deserve that at all! Keep it up, one day at a time. Every time you let it out that is one less thing you have to hold inside. So proud of you!

    And, another congrats on your 120 days sober!!!

    ReplyDelete