Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Just living

I had planned to write a longer post tonight but somehow it's already way past my bedtime.  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day right now!  So instead I just want to share a quick story from tonight.  Today marks 7 months sober for me.  I love that it fell on Tuesday because my tuesday meeting is my very favorite and a lot of my favorite ppl are there.  I got lots of really great cheers when I announced it and hugs afterwards.  Felt pretty awesome.

I was talking to a friend afterwards and saying how it seems like I just hit 6 months, which is true.  This last month just flew by!  Another friend there who has almost reached her first 60 days was listening, and she looked at me like I had 2 heads.  I thought back to when I was in early sobriety.  Back then, the days seemed to drag by and add up sooooo slowly.  But tonight I found myself telling this friend how I'm "just living" and the days "just happen."  And it's so true.  It's not an overwhelming obstacle to get through a day without drinking.  It's just a day of living.  That's pretty damn cool. :)

1 comment: