Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just gratitude

One of my professors assigned for us to keep a gratitude journal over spring break. Maybe I am in the right field (not that I was questioning)...how perfect of an assignment is that for me? :) It helps that I'm one big ole ball of gratitude right now. I don't know where all these feelings are coming from but I just feel good about my life right now. (It's especially strange considering how overly emotional and overwhelmed I felt earlier today). Now I just feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be and it's good. So here's my entry in the gratitude journal for today:

"Today I'm grateful that I've found a new safe and sober place to live. It's an added benefit that my new roommate loves to cook and often has leftovers she feels bad about wasting. That fits well with my love of eating, dislike of cooking, and general lack of funds. I'm grateful that I fully finished the moving out and cleaning of the old apartment so I can be fully done with that place. Finally, I'm grateful that I'm now living in a way that I can be proud of. Even in the midst of stress, I can look back on the day and feel good about the decisions I made and how I handled myself."

Yeah I don't recognize myself either. lol I feel like the air in the world is different or something. I swear it's the same world I was in before, but now I'm looking around wondering why everyone else isn't suddenly happier too. (And then I realize I'm becoming one of those ppl that so piss me off!) Don't worry, I'm not going to go shoving rainbows and unicorns down anyone's throat. Just want you all to know I'm happy, cheery, and almost peppy this evening. It seems the horrible blahs i've been under these last couple days are lifting now. And I think a lot of it was due to my roommate's amazing leftover sloppy joes. Yay for yummy free food! (And she's telling me I'm awesome for eating them and how relieved she is they're not going to waste. Woohoo!) And once again I prove that the quickest way to my heart really is through my stomach. :-D

1 comment: