Thursday, October 27, 2011

Not so good

Today was rough. To say the least. Not much to say about that but just wanted to drop in for a sec to say that i'm grateful for the amazing professors that i'm working with. i made it to half of my first class but knew I didn't feel well enough for the second half. This prof knows about why i was in the hospital bc I had to explain it to her to explain why the trip I was taking and missing class for was essential and not a vacation. Anyway, when I told her I wasn't feeling well she asked if it was that stuff or if I was sick. I said it was both things together and lack of sleep, and showed her how bad my hands were shaking at that moment. She told me not to worry about the 2nd half of class and to go to the counseling center instead. (I went, knowing that most likely my therapist would not be able to see me, but at least it got them knowing i needed help and she called me later.

2nd professor...i knew well before I got there that I wasn't going to be able to handle her class. I'd already emailed her once because I just couldn't handle the take-home midterm and I was really concerned with that because it's a test...not really an assignment you should be asking for extra time on. When I got to class I asked her if i could talk to her in the hallway. I told her what was going on and she asked me about coping skills and all that (she used to work in an inpatient psych unit...she knows all about the kind of stuff I'm dealing with.) She told me to leave and not worry about class...and to go get some cammomile (however you spell that) tea and try to relax. But before she fully sent me off she told me that I'm doing very well in her class and she thinks i'm a great student. She also said that the work I have turned in has been consistently some of the best in the class. Hearing this meant so so much to me because I hate being the student that's missing classes, not turning in work on time, always behind, etc. So I just love that she can see the good student in me underneath it all. I hate feeling like I'm using all this crap as an excuse for poor work and what not, but I'm just so lucky and so grateful to have these two professors as the ones I'm working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment